How can I change my Gmail email address, without creating a new one?
How to Edit Gmail Email Address without creating a new one? These are questions asked by many Gmail users. This is because they must have probably did a mistake after signing up or saw a reason why they need to change their Gmail email address.
Well in this article, you will get solutions to your desired question.
Google emailing address popularly known as Gmail is one of the most used and convenient emailing platform used by millions of users.
Gmail is a must have if you are a business owner or an individual who makes use of the internet. Be it online or offline. Because to grow your business, there is every need to apply professionalism so people don’t look down on you and your business or take you as an unserious somebody.
Instead of your clients or customers to be calling you often, burning loads or call cards, why not provide them with an email address they can use to write you anytime they need information or need to contact you.
READ ALSO: How To Open A Gmail Business Account
Gmail has made communication very secured and swift. A call may take about some minutes to connect, yet you still spend lots of call cards to get your inquiry or complaints delivered. But in the case of Gmail, you can write epistles and get it delivered in less than 2seconds to any part of the world.
The good thing about Gmail is that you can do a bulk emailing at once, unlike calls where you have to call each person one after the other. Even if you choose to do a conference call, imagine how much call card you are going to spend compared to when you can send a particular email to more than 1,000 email users in just 2 seconds and at a very low cost (less than 1kb of data).
There are many reasons why a Gmail email address is important and very vital for every business owner or individual to have one.
Reasons why you need a Gmail account
These are the reason why every business owner or individual needs an email (Gmail account)
1. Fast Communication:
If you desire the most Swift means of communication, then you sure need a Gmail email account. The time of delivery takes less than 2 seconds to any part of the world
2. Secure Means Of Communication:
Do you have confidential message or information you need to deliver to a third-party, friend or family? A Gmail email account is what you need because no one gets to take record of what you forwarding unlike phone calls where all calls made are being recorded for security reasons. On Gmail, you send your emails secured without being monitored.
Most people prefer to be contacted by email instead of calling them or meeting with them. Most people tend to attend to emails compared to other means of contacts.
Big companies, organizations, and celebrities prefer to be contacted via email. When you reach out to them via email, you tend to get a fast response from them compared to putting them on a call.
4. Bulk Operation:
With a Gmail account, you can send out thousands of email at once within seconds.
There are many more reasons why you need a Gmail account, but let that be a topic for next time.
I bet with the few reasons I stated above, you must have seen reasons why you need a Gmail account in case you- are yet to create one for yourself.
Let’s assume you are a business owner or an individual who created an email address for their business or personal use. After a while, you thought to yourself that you need to do a change of email address to your existing email (For example, you were using firstname.lastname@example.org and you want to use email@example.com) without having to create a new email address. Because for sure, we all know it’s not possible to edit an existing Gmail email address unless you create a new one.
READ ALSO: What Is WhatsApp TV (WhatsApp Television)
But hey worry not, I have got a solution for you.
Though my solution still requires you to create a new Gmail account, this time, you will be able to read and receive all your old messages on the new Gmail account you will be creating. (emails from your old email account to the new one you created). Doesn’t that sound promising and fair enough? If yes, then follow my guides on how to set up forwarding from your old Gmail account to your new Gmail account.
How To Set Up Forwarding For Gmail Account
To set up forwarding for your Gmail account, follow these steps:
1. You need to create a new Gmail account, after which you choose the new name you desire to use
2. After your new account is set up and running, all you need to do now is to set up forwarding from your old Gmail account to the new Gmail account you created and then get all your messages in one place (the new Gmail account).
3. Click on the settings tab
4. Click on on the forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. In the forwarding section, click on add a forwarding address
5. Now you have to enter the new email address you want all the messages coming from your old account to be forwarded to.
6. Click on next, click on proceed, click on Ok
7. A verification text will be sent to that new Gmail account. Click on the verification link
8. Head back to the settings page for your old Gmail account and refresh your browser.
9. After refreshing, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab again
10. In the forwarding, tab click on forward a copy of incoming mail to
11. Now you will have to choose what you want to happen when the Gmail copy of your email. Google recommends that you keep Gmail copy in the inbox
12. Now everything is done, click on save changes.
I hope this helps. Thanks for reading